Small fire in sheltered accommodation

0
61

THREE fire appliances from Honiton, Ottery St Mary and Axminster were initially sent to a call from an an elderly occupant in sheltered accommodation in Kings Gardens, Kerslakes Court, Honiton, who said there had been a fire in his flat – and alarms were sounding.

However, shortly after the Honiton crew arrived they confirmed the small fire involves a tea towel that had been left on the hob, which was quickly removed to safety and extinguished in a sink of water.

No further appliances were required to attend and, after making the area safe, the crew confirmed damage was confined to the tea towel only, before ventilating.

The elderly gentleman was unharmed and duty of care was left with a responsible person.

Assistant Group General Manager & Deputy Editor | James has worked in local newspapers since graduating in business and computing in 1999. Well travelled, his interests include music, film, sport, US politics and astronomy. He has been with View From Newspapers since its inception in 2004, and works on Capital Media Newspaper titles across Devon, Dorset and Somerset.

LEAVE A REPLY