THE main road through Lyme Regis has now re-opened following a chimney fire at the Volunteer Inn this morning.
Lyme Regis fire chief Virgil Turner was first on the scene when asked to take a look at the chimney in the Broad Street pub while passing by.
Fire engines from Lyme Regis, Bridport and the aerial ladder platform from Weymouth attended the scene, as the building is three storeys.
It is not believed the fire caused any significant damage and the Volunteer Inn said the incident was “under control” on social media.
The A3052 through Lyme Regis was closed, affecting the X51, X53 and 71 bus routes. The road has now reopened but there may still be disruptions to bus services.
A spokesperson for Dorset Police said: “We were called at 10.52am to reports of a chimney fire in Broad Street Lyme Regis.”
“The fire service requested we help with traffic control.”